Speed Measurement Range
- 0 to 5 V square wave, differential or single ended
- 62.1 pulses per second for every kilometer per hour of speed measured (100 pulses per second for every mph of speed measured)
- 0.8 to 480 kilometers per hour
- 0.5 to 300 miles per hour
Maximum Target Distance
Maximum target distance is determined by the size and shape of the target. The sensor can see an average size car at about 300 meters (1,000 feet).
Total Unadjusted Error: ±0.34% at 1mph*
* Error increased 0.0023% for every 1 mph increase in speed. For example, at 2 mph, the error increases to ±0.3423%. At 60 mph, the accuracy is ±0.48%. Overall accuracy of the speed measurement is also influenced by external factors which may include sensor alignment, vibration, etc.
- Frequency: Ka Band - 35.5 ±0.1 GHz
- Beam Divergence Angle: 6° from center
- Average RF Power: 0.02 W maximum
- Effective Radiated Power: 0.98 W
Note: The sensor's transmitted signal is regulated under FCC regulations Part 90, subpart F. Please contact GMH Engineering for registration details.
Sensor Response Time
- Update Period: 0.01 seconds
- Locking Latency: 0.02 seconds
- Unlocking Latency: 0.05 seconds
- Sensor Time Constant: 0.025 seconds
Delta DRS1000 Non-contact Speed Sensor's dimensions.